Pink Grapefruit G&T Drizzle Cake
By Candice Brown
This delicious pink grapefruit G&T drizzle cake has been specially designed by Candice Brown for you to recreate at home! Simply follow the recipe below to make your own:
230g self-raising flour
225g unsalted butter
235g golden caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Grated zest of 1 pink grapefruit
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
40g chia seeds
50ml Franklin & Sons Pink Grapefruit Tonic Water with Bergamot
Juice of 1 pink grapefruit
50g caster sugar
50ml Franklins & Sons Pink Grapefruit Tonic Water with Bergamot
50g Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan (180°C/359°F/Gas Mark 4). Grease and line a 25cm springform cake tin.
- Put the flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, eggs, grapefruit zest, chopped rosemary, tonic water and chia seeds in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer or a hand whisk, beat together until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared in and bake for 45–50 minutes until the sponge is cooked – a skewer inserted into the centre should come out clean. Remove from the oven.
- Heat the gin, juice of the grapefruit (pick out any pips), tonic and sugar in a small saucepan over a low/ medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. When the syrup starts to bubble around the edges remove from the heat.
- Poke holes all over the top of the sponge using a skewer (do not go all the way through to the bottom). Slowly pour the hot syrup over the still warm sponge, allowing it to absorb the syrup. Save about 2 tbsp for the glaze.
- For the glaze add the icing sugar to the left-over syrup to make a glaze. Once the cake has cooled remove from the tin and drizzle over the glaze and top with a couple of slices of pink grapefruit and a sprig of rosemary.
Don’t forget to upload your creations on social media and tag @franklinandsons so we can share them too!